Wednesday, June 1, 2011




I had been to the Grand Palais already was amazed by the way that the architecture was highlighted by the exhibit, but this was a new found love and appreciation for the architecture for this building. I just can't believe how much this exhibit show cased this building in a modern way. It got me soo excited about architecture, the emphasis on the shadows of the architecture and seeing this building in a different and wonderful way. Anish Kapoor is the artist of this interactive sculpture, that has been able to capture the highlight this building in the best possible way! I have not really studied the work of Anish Kapoor and I am kicking myself for this, while I was there I bought several books on him and his installations, I also bought a movie that I watched today and it was truly inspiring Anish Kapoor talks about The three things that goes into creating abstract art:


SCALE: mysterious bigness, smallness is profoundly confusing, keep readjusting our self to what is real


SPACE: real and imagined dream space example


TIME: affects both space and scale, art make time see a lot longer enter in a dream space, can be intended in work and allowed to play a role


This relates exactly what we are analyzing while we are here in paris. After looking at the Grand Palais I can't wait to further dive into what other exhibits have used the building to emphasis the structure and look at the history of this building for my art history research paper.






No comments:

Post a Comment