Friday, June 3, 2011


Today we got to see a lot of great things, one of them was the Musee d'art Modern de la Ville de Paris. While I was there I focused on Frantisek Kupka's PlanDiagonaux. I found this one to be very intriguing not only with the use of color but in the way that it plays with the diagonal lines. It leads you in one direction and then around and back up again. It is interesting that this painting gives you a path but this path you know can't really exist.

Then on the other hand it looks to me like a skyline. That incorporates the city plan with in it. There also a very industrial element amount about it. I find that the different shades of green are almost sickly in pictures but more vibrate in person.

Overall I believe that this painting is eye-catching...to some it looks like roads, buildings, the letter L, a garden plan, two figures, order chaos, ect.

I feel this painting is about drawing your own conclusions.

No comments:

Post a Comment