Saturday, June 4, 2011

Day 10 : Buildings and Mesureing

Archituecture is really not my cup of tea or cafe, but today was surpriseing. We went into two famous moderen buildings. The one I found to the most interesting was the "Maison La Roche" by Le corbusier and Pierre Jeanneret. The first thing I liked about this house the moment we walked in was the amount of natural light that was pouring in.


This house was crazy, there are so many ways to go that could lead no where.



As a group we fousced on a room and did a floor plan of it. At first I didn't like the idea, and I still don't like doing it but I like how it was casual and thats what made it fun for me. I got really frustrated with my drawings because I kept having to redo them, my mesureing skills are so rusty. I don't like being so controlled in my lines so it felt uncomfortable for a bit. 


First try.



Second try



After a lot of remesureing I think I got it down. It wasn't all bad, I learned that walls are always double lines and are shaded in, and stuff like furniture and windows are single lines and lighter. I also learned to count with my feet.


No comments:

Post a Comment