Monday, June 6, 2011

MASS



Today we walked through new Paris. I could not get over how different the area was than any other area we had been in Paris. There was no longer shops that lined the street, but large buildings that occupied there own site. There is no longer parks or plazas that are apart of the street patterns, they are apart of the large plot of land the building occupies. It didn't feel like I was in Paris. This made me feel very uncomfortable, I felt a sensor overload but not in a good way. It looked like any large city but the end of every street there was this large building that was full of heavy masonry and black glass. This building was in response to the machine and you could clearly see this. At first I didn't minded it then I realized how large it was. It had a very threatening in its extreme mass and scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment