Thursday, June 2, 2011

Musee du quai Branly


Today we went to the Musee du quai Branly. This Place is truly remarkable in its placement and integration with in the City. The thing that I enjoyed the most about it was when you were able to see the glass wall, the living wall, and the typical Parisian building.












While in the museum I looked at Porte du Kafiristan : Door, from Pakistan Chitral 19e-20e Siecle. What I found the most interesting about this piece was the placement. Unlike the other artifacts this door was not in a glass case but was framed by an alcove. The door was up against a window leading you to feel that it was a door going to something or somewhere. The rooms around were playing videos that had this wonderful music that made me feel that I would be walking into a lively home. I also enjoyed how the horns design slightly mimics the windows above. It was interesting that as I walked around the other windows just had benches, so it left me thinking that this was very purposeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment